Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thoughts from her chair


This past week I have been working on something that, I feel at least, is kind of exciting. After helping with a funeral Monday morning, as I sometimes do when I can, the church's Interim-Priest-in-Charge approached me and asked me to talk to my grandmother and see if she was willing to write something for the church newsletter each week. Granny gladly said that she would.

What has me excited is that her writing this article each week means that I will be typing them up for her, so I will be involved along with her. Also since I am typing them up any way I have set up a blog where the articles can be accessed anytime. It is my hope that by doing this she will be able to reach a wider audience. Maybe even those young people in our church who have gone off to school and because of this have fallen away from the church somewhat.

Due to her age (91), and her long service and history with the church of Canada as a whole, the blog already has had quite a few hits. Right now all it is right now is a request for prayer as she takes this on and a few links to the church and its’ news letter. This fact has given me a great deal of hope that this undertaking is going to be a fruitful one.  It feels good to be involved with something that seems to be taking off so well.

One of the things I find most interesting is the fact that chances are that Granny will see the article in its’ blog form. Like most people of her age my granny does not work with computers. That I s why starting this week I am going to be meeting with her in her room at the nursing home to type it up. I am looking forward to this time with her. For a few years now I have wanted to seat with her and learn more about her, and the history of our family. Working on this article is going to give me a chance to get to know her in a way I might not have other ways had.

Thoughts from my chair (link)


I have posted a link to the blog I have set up for her so that you will be able to read it as it grows over time.        


No comments:

Post a Comment