Monday, April 18, 2011

Tomorrow She Returns

Tomorrow afternoon I am driving to pick Biohazard up from the bus depot of a town that is about an hour away.  If she had taken a bus right to our home town she would have had to wait around at the train station, and the bus ride would have been 3 hours longer. From what I understand, from my own 2 day bus trip, the bus system in Canada has changed recently to be more "efficient". From what I figure it means more "efficient" for the bus company. They now run fewer buses less often. It stinks, but to be honest I would go halfway round the world to be with her, and around the other half to bring her home.

Having my girlfriend at home means some changes. One of the nicer things about her living so far away most of the year is that I carry her with me where ever I go in the form of my cell phone. When she is away it really does not matter if I am at home or some where else, we are just as close. We can text or call each other no matter where I am. This gives me a fair degree of freedom. My time is basically my own and I do not need to check any plans by her to make sure they do not conflict. Do not get me wrong, I want to spend as much time as possible with her. That is the issue, I want to maximize my time with her, so I need to plan a lot to see that it happens.

I also realized today that after tomorrow the tone of this blog may change somewhat. While for most of the year I am in fact in long distance relationship, for the next four months that is not going to be the case. I am going to have four wonderful months that may not be ideal because am still in school and she will be working, but we will get to see each other. It is possible for me to just drop by and see her even if it would just be for 5 minutes. To me that is a wonderful thing indeed.      

No comments:

Post a Comment