Friday, April 29, 2011

Farm week

Today I started a week of looking after over 200 sheep. This is the same I farm that I worked on last summer. I have been looking forward to this for a few months now.

A great deal of the work that I need to do is not the best. Even those jobs that are not bad require walking around in a barn that is due to be cleaned out, but something about the work calls to me. It is simple and basic, but it needs to be done, and so is important. If I do not do it, the sheep will suffer. I do not like the idea of that.

I will be posting more about it next week, and most likely even before that. This weeks had to to be quick because now that the warm weather has started I am starting to get calls for yard work. This is on top of the sheep and small woodworking jobs I take. Students need to take every little job they can to make money.


No comments:

Post a Comment