Saturday, April 23, 2011

Church work


Along with many of the other things that I do I volunteer as a sub-deacon at my church. This time of year, the Easter season, has been very bust for me in terms of that. There is Maundy Thursday service when all reminders of Jesus are removed. The Good Friday service the next day that shows him going to the cross. Then tomorrow is Easter Sunday where we celebrate the rebirth of Jesus. All that combined leads to me getting a little worn out. The on top of it all this year I had exams.

I do not want to say I dislike the task I have taken on as being a sub-deacon. Most of the time I find it enjoyable because it gets me involved and I am able to see how it helps people. But sometimes I wish someone else would be willing to take some of it on. I took on the task because the person who did it before me left. So I was simply filling the void. If I had my choice of what I would rather be doing to help my church it would be fixing the many small broken pieces of woodwork that is has. As it is with school, the church, and the other tasks I need to do in a week, I often do not get to doing the thinks that I would prefer to be doing. A great deal of the things that started out as being joyful have grown to be tasks that stress me some what. This blog for example. It began as a fun relaxing thing, but the skills I gained here were discovered and now I am looking after another blog written by a leader in the church, and posting content to other places online. Again most of the time a do not really mind, but other times it does begin to wear me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment