Thursday, March 17, 2011

Support

One of the biggest problems I have found with being in a long distance relationship is not being able to be there for each other in person in times of crisis. This past week my Grandmother past away and my girlfriend was unable to come home. This was not easy for me or for her. I greatly wished that she could have been there with me as I went through all the events one must attend when a loved one passes. She wishes she could have been there as well. But such is the nature of being apart. As a couple you need to accept that things will come up and all you will really be able to give or receive is moral and emotional support. You most make do with kind and supportive words when deep down all you want is to be held.


A long distance relationship, like any relationship is about accepting the good with the bad. The sickness and the health. Some times that means pulling up your socks and making do with the support that the person who loves you deeply is able to give. Along with that it is also important to let them know how much you love them and how what they are able to do means so much to you.


I would rather have the support of a woman who loves me deeply, then a hug from a woman who does not support me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment