Friday, March 4, 2011

Claddagh



How to wear Claddagh ring (link)

My Claddagh Ring
The first time I heard about the Claddagh ring was on a show called "The Distract".That has very little to do with my writing today other then to let you know I never knew the impact it would have on my life, and that at the time that is came to matter I already had a slight knowledge of it.

A few weeks after I started dating my girlfriend we were in a coffee shop and I noticed her Claddagh ring was on her right hand and the heart was facing toward her body. It was at this point I really understood that this young woman who I had known for years, and just recently started to see in a new light, had deeper feelings for me then I first thought.

For those of you who do not know Claddagh rings are, they are an Irish ring that is worn to show if you are in a relationship or not. It also can show at what stage you are in that relationship. For someone who was not born with the luck to be part of the Irish this piece of the culture really is most interesting. No have things laid out so clearly is very nice. If nothing else it is a way of showing where you are to your partner without having one of those awkward "talks".

I have posted photos of my ring and how it is worn in its' different meanings. My ring is not normal in that it does not have a crown in the design as many do. From what I have seen this tends to happen in the men's bands. Most likely because it is more difficult to include in the design. I have heard that some designs remove it trying to so the removal of the British crown from Ireland. This is not the idea in my case, but I have spoken to some who have assumed it was.



How ring is warn to show that you are single.

How ring is worn to show that you are in a relationship.  


How ring is was worn to show that you are in a committed relationship.
Possibly engaged.  

How ring is worn to show that you are married or at least engaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment