Thursday, March 31, 2011

Summer Project

As the winter term of school wraps up I find myself trying to find a summer project.  My first thought was that I would make a hiking staff.  Something that I have done before, often in fact.  I have made them for others and have 8 sitting in my shop and assorted walking sticks and canes in the far corner of my room.  So my girlfriend has told that I should think of something else to make.  So I have made a short list of things I could make.

1) Cabinetmaker's Tool Chest- a large wooden tool chest that where used to transport a woodworker's tools from place to place.

2) Jewelry Box- A box for jewels to be kept in.

3) Wooden Shield- Because they are always fun to put up on the wall.

4) Wooden Sword- Also fun for the wall

5) Brief Case- Wooden brief that can hold a lap top and papers.

6) Clock- Never made one before and maybe fun.

7) Bird House- Very first grade, but also could be fun.

8) Limber Jack- A wooden doll that you can make dance by tapping a board.

9) Mechanical Toy- A toy or some such that when a crank is turned it does something.

10) A Major Piece- A buffet and hutch or something like that. It would be a large task, but if I can sell it then I could make it work.

So I am going to need to think about this for a bit. Once I decide I will most likely do a few post about it. If any one has any thoughts or suggestions I would be most pleased to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment