Friday, July 15, 2011

Just a pack of seeds


A week ago I started a new part time job. Like anyone in the same position I was a bit nervous. Shortly after arriving I was told where to go and what I need to do by the man at the front desk. Just as I headed off I was stopped by the man who gave me this pack of sunflower seeds. He told me that we all needed to plant them because they absorbed radiation.I felt much better after that. It was with that simple act that he gave me a most wonderful gift. He was saying that I was welcome in this place, and even if we just met he cared about my well being because I was a fellow human being.

How wonderful would a world be where we all gave each other seeds? How would such a simple act make the world a better place? In my mind I think it would be pretty wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment