Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Old Barn

The past three days I have been working in an old barn doing some cement work. The barn is being repaired to house a second flock of sheep. These sheep are different then the others I have worked with. This new flock is made up of dairy sheep. Due to this they are much calmer then the other flock and I find much nicer to work around.

Much of the work that I did was simply making repairs to the stone work. Fixing cracks and replacing stones that have fallen out over time. It was interesting and important work. One thing that was some what exciting was when I came to a spot where a few stones had fallen out and discovered a family of Common Garter Snakes living in the wall. I was  a bit shocked but moved up the wall a bit and kept working. Making sure to make as much noise and vibrations as possible. By the time I came back they had all left to find a new home. I was left feeling a little jumpy, and was very careful to check before sticking my hand in any where.

No comments:

Post a Comment