Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bedtime Reading

I am someone who ready enjoys reading. If I do not read before going to sleep, well that rarely happens because if I do not read I can not fall to sleep. It is a comfort to me. No matter what is going on in my life, for 15 minutes to an hour or more each night I am transported to another place and/or time where what ever is going on  in my life does not matter.

It started with my parents read to me before bed, and then moved on to me reading to myself. it is now to the point where if I do not read, I can not fall to sleep. Some how it relaxes my mind and pushes everything else that is going on aside to be dealt with when I wake up.

I feel reading is a very important thing. Read a book, read an ereader. read to a child or read to yourself. I think part of a good rounded day should include at least some time reading just for the fun of it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment